Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Friday, August 03, 2007

The Chinese Way?

I had a great conversation this past Monday evening with Andrew, another Brit who works for the company I will be teaching for. He said everything is fine. They will start working on my immigration papers, etc. He said he'd email the next day and I would probably also receive a call from the DOS of my school (Director of Studies). Five days later and there's no call, no email, no nothing. My Chinese friends would probably just say "Oh, don't worry. This is just the Chinese way." But it's very frustrating for me because there's things that I absolutely have to do by next Monday (stop certain payments, etc.) so I need to know something concrete. I will not consider this whole life-changing trip a guarantee until I have signed a contract. I have received no emailed contract. Geez. No worries, though. I have a Plan B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home