Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Thursday, July 19, 2007

1977, don't cha' know.....


Can you find Lucy Blue?
Yeah....she's the tall one!
So I went to Nashville Monday to have three teeth prepped for crowns! I'd just as soon do ANYTHING than go to the dentist. Honest. But the teeth have been prepped, the temporary crowns are on and I'll go back in a couple of weeks for the permanent crowns. Then my mouth will be all set to go to China.
I was packing up stuff in the big old house for storage and came across all my yearbooks. I opened up 1977 (16 years old) and started reading what fellow students had written. My best and longest friend, Tammy (who lives here in Knoxville now), filled up an entire page! Apparently, I was a real clown in Geometry class that year. Here's some excerpts: "Lucy Blue, I don't think I can ever forget you in Geometry," "I don't know what we would do without you in Geometry," "Do you remember all the good times in Geometry?" Well, no, I don't remember! But I sure wish I did. And here's the very best one, written by Vickie Pardue: "Lucy Blue, good luck in everything you do. You're a funny person. Remember when you threw the frog's leg down my shirt and it got stuck?" ha ha ha ha ha Now that's funny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home