Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Monday, July 09, 2007

Life on a Lucky Saturday

07/07/07.....lucky couple, lucky in love. Wedding on the World's Fair lawn.
I was standing on the Clinch Ave. bridge, using zoom on my little camera.

The Sunsphere is open again! There's the wedding party.

Downtown Knoxville

N's living room with freshly painted white walls (from sunny yellow)

Looks clean enough to me.

After work on Saturday, I took a walk down to World's Fair Park to see the Sunsphere from the inside. Very interesting but I'm not sure if I want to go up there again. One of the odd things that has occurred as I get on in years is a slight fear of heighths. I say slight because obviously it's not bad enough to prevent from going up in such tower-like structures as the Sunsphere. I just don't want to hang out there too long. It gives me an unpleasant odd feeling and I especially don't like looking over the edge of the railing. This from a woman who once had "skydiving" and "hot air ballooning" on her list of things to do.

The observation deck of the Sunsphere is in the lower part of the gold ball, the second floor of five floors. There is a big flat screen on the wall and wonderful footage from the 1982 Fair is being shown. I saw several people I once knew, including a wonderful mime couple. In seeing how folks were dressed, I realized that 1982 was further back that I realized. If I had seen footage in 1982 of folks in 1957 (25 years prior), I'd think they dressed a little odd as well. It just doesn't seem that long ago and I have many, many fond and wacky memories of working at the '82 Fair! Nothing like hip-hopping down memory lane.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home