Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Friday, June 17, 2005

.....everybody's happy!

My son is home for a visit. He arrived 2 days ago and will stay until Monday. And so I find myself sliding into "mother" mode. I don’t really like it (not being a mother, but the "mode" of worrying, questioning, nagging, etc.). Over the past two years, I've become quite used to living by myself, being alone in my house, coming, going, no worries. It’s okay that the refrigerator just has some aging cheese in it and a bottle of ketchup. I don’t worry about underwear that might be hanging around in the bathroom. I don’t worry about much. That’s the key. When he’s home and my "mother" brain kicks in....I begin the habit of worrying. "Where ya going?" "When ya coming home?" "Can you give me a call when you get there?" I suppose it’s true that no matter how old you are....when you’re under your parent’s roof, you simply gotta abide by some "parent" rules. For my son, it’s that nagging habit I have of making him "check in." When he’s in Murfreesboro, of course, I have no real idea of what’s going on.....so I don’t worry. He’s happy. I’m happy. And when Mama’s happy.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home