Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Thursday, May 12, 2005

The Good, The Bad and the Downright Depressing

The Good: So my 20th Mother's Day and my son's 20th birthday arrived. I knew my son would be sleeping until early afternoon. I walked downstairs and he had left a basket of flowers and a book on the coffee table for me. And a card. Yep, my son, otherwise known as "I don't do cards...." bought me a card and even wrote more than Love, XXX in it! :) A nice Mother's Day indeed. We had a nice lunch together, stopped by Wal-mart for some necessary Wal-mart junk (we shopped for his birthday the day before) and then he headed back to Murfreesboro where he'll be working this summer. The Bad: Before he left he confirmed that he had, in fact, dropped his GPA below the "do or die" line and had lost his lottery scholarship....which just happens to be $4,000 a year. We were afraid this would happen. He missed it by .12 of a point. Easy come.....quickly goes. When you lose it, you can't get it back. There's no need to rant and rave about why my son lost his scholarship. He knows why he lost it. I know why he lost it. He feels bad about it. I feel worse about it (trust me). The Downright Depressing: After he left, I got on the scales to see the results of a solid week of delectable denials, good exercise (okay, fair exercise). Oh, the needle moved all right. Just not in the right direction.

1 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger Teresa said...

Thanks Halle! It's nice to get feedback. LB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home