Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Friday, May 06, 2005

Say What?

My son will be 20 this Sunday. Wait up, Life! Quit walking so fast! It feels weird. My son.....20! Yes, that’s right. I was a very young mother!
If I’m feeling a bit old as my only child turns twenty years old, I can only imagine what I’ll feel like when I’m forced to say, "My son is 30."
He was born the Wednesday before Mother’s Day, 1985, in Atlanta, Georgia. It was the day of the 100th anniversary of the invention of the syrup to be known as Coca-Cola. It was also the 40th anniversary of VE-Day (Victory in Europe). The day the pubs in England ran dry of beer by about 9:30 p.m.
Maybe it won’t be so bad when he turns 30. Maybe he’ll be wildly successful in the music industry (currently studying recording industry management). Maybe he’ll be an entertainment lawyer (very interested in attending law school after undergrad). And maybe, just maybe, I’ll finally have a savings account.
So this Mother’s Day will be special. My son will honor my life and I will honor his introduction to one of the best decades of life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home