Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Monday, May 02, 2005

What Desperate Times Call For.....

So.....some changes need to be made. I reached out and made the first one this morning. I pointed the remote towards my VCR and CANCELED the mindless TV programs that I record each day (Sorry, Oprah and Ellen; I'll miss you AMC!). This, the first step of several to come. Can I do it? What will the withdrawal be like? This must be what it's like to be an addict. You know it's mindless. You know it doesn't help you in any meaningful way. You have a big desire to stop. Yet, you continue to do it day after day after day after day. So, now....understand, I'm NOT giving up TV entirely. Not yet, anyway. Baby steps, baby steps. But I can promise you that I will not watch American Idol this week. Nope. Not me. I may check out who got booted off on the internet though (hey, one can only take so much TV withdrawal the first week). And I just might watch Survivor this week. I'll do my best to limit myself to one hour an evening, plus the news. I said I'd try. It may not be pretty.

1 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger Le Plume said...

Springtime is a good time for doing that. What about ordering a good guide to birds, one pair of binoculars and one of hiking boots? That should help a lot!

Hugs and cheers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home