Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Question 67 and 68

Recently, I connected a brand new turntable I’ve had for several years (came with a stereo I bought for my son). I brought out my boxes of vinyls that I’ve carefully moved from one residence to another for a couple of decades. Out came my Chicago album. Chicago Transit Authority, before legalities shortened it to just Chicago. Yeah. That double rookie album. Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is? (Does anybody really care?). The music whisked me back to the 70s and 80s in just a few notes. I love that about music. I wondered why I hadn’t connected this turntable much earlier. The albums sound great! I even discovered that I have a copy of the British version of a Beatles album. The Beatles. What if all four were alive and well. What if they got back together and produced an album. Would we call it a "comeback" album? :) I don’t think so. What if they only released it on vinyl? Turntable sales would go through the roof and other artists would follow suit. That’s just the way things happen. Okay. Time for some Dixie’s Midnight Runners. Or maybe the Stray Cats. Ooh, look! There’s Manhatten Transfer!

1 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger Le Plume said...

Years ago during the 80s, Paul McCartney was asked wether the Beatles would get together again. His answer was "not as long as John Lennon stays dead". I guess the odds haven't improved since.

One bad things about LPs: one side was a bit too short, a half hour, tops. That made listening to Fleetwood Mac double live album, for instance, a little bit too much work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home