Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Monday, April 11, 2005

All About Hair (or lack thereof)

My college-aged son informed me that he shaved his head!
Me:Bald?
Him: Yep.
Me: Was drinking involved?
Him: Drinking did not cause me to shave my head.
(my boy knows how to answer a question!)
Me: Do you look completely silly?
Him: No, I really like it!
Me: Hmmm. Send me a picture.
Him: Okay.
You see, I love long hair on a male. Love it. (yes, I'm a Democrat. So?) My son tells me that I am the only mother in the history of contemporary mothers who encourages her son to let his hair grow out long. I have asked him to consider letting his hair grow long many times. So sexy, long hair. Of course, I wouldn’t look at it as sexy on my son (give me a break) but I’d like it all the same.
If only I had encouraged him to shave his head instead! :)

3 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Le Plume said...

That reminds me when I was 15, got all my friends to sign a petition to prevent my mom from sending me to the hairdresser's... With more than 100 signatures, she saw the errors of her ways and let me grow my hair like I wanted.
Shaving is probably less time consuming, though.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Teresa said...

That's funny! It would be great if you still had that petition with all those signatures on it!

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Le Plume said...

Don't think I do... I wasn't particularly good at putting away my stuff as a teenager, you see. Not that I'm any better now.

Then again, I have all my teenage correspondance (including some pretty spicy stuff of course) piled up in a drawer at my parents'. It might very well be in there somewhere.

Still got the hair though. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home