Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Monday, May 16, 2005

Meet Me In the Deep End of the Pool

I live in a 106 year old house. The acoustics are amazing to me. It has wonderfully high ceilings and a foyer that’s as big as a living room. It’s just perfect for dancing my way through every single track on Jack Johnson’s "In Between Dreams." Jack and I have done a lot of dancing lately. And yet.....I’m nowhere near being tired of him as my partner.

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in Knoxville, Tennessee. I met a friend for lunch and enjoyed a couple of hours of good company and good food. By 3:20 I was in the water at the pool and enjoying the afternoon sunshine. I like floating on my back in the deep end of the pool. My ears are just beneath the surface of the water and I can hear myself breathing. In through the nose, out through the mouth. Long and slow breaths. Calming. I move my arms from my side slowly across the top of the water and above my head. When my fingers touch, I move them back to my side. Like when someone makes an angel in the snow. I look up at the blue and white sky. And all the jumbled thoughts in my mind start slowing down..........

2 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Blogger staceygriff said...

I think you and I are twins Teresa. I do this all the time when swimming. This is all I did in the pool while in Thailand. I'd float, do a snow (water) angel, look up at the sky, close my eyes and tune everything out.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger staceygriff said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home