Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Poor Lucy Blue....

It feels so strange not being able to see my Lucy Blue blog from China. As I said, I can write entries, I just can't see them. Things are fine here in China and I'm enjoying keeping up my "TinChina" blog. I want to post here every now and then just to keep it alive and well. I'm off work this week due to National Holiday week in China. National Day is October 1. I begin teaching again this Saturday, Oct. 6. I'm looking forward to it because I can only watch so many movies and play on the computer for so long. It's a little frustrating not to be able to communicate with anyone here. Like today, for instance. After arranging to have a water cooler sent to my apartment tomorrow, I walked quite a distance to a shopping center called West Point. There were many people out and about. Sometimes folks try to engage me in conversation but I just have to stand there like an idiot and tell them I don't understand. You can imagine how difficult it is for me because you all know how much Lucy Blue likes to talk, right? :) So this week has been a little lonely since I don't have my work friends around me. But I should probably just enjoy it because we won't have another vacation week like this until Chinese New Year in early February (or thereabouts....it's according to the Chinese calendar). I hope all is well with everyone who reads this blog and do tune to www.tinchina.typepad.com for a look at my life here. LB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home