Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Thursday, August 30, 2007

I'll miss you Altruda's!


Dinner last night with my "home girls" was fun and delicious! I would tell you what a few of them gave me as a "parting" gift but let's just say it's something you just can't find in China! ha I ordered my wonderful sausage eggplant dish....yet again....and loved every bite. It was good to spend a little time with this beautiful group of women before I leave.
I'm still going crazy trying to get everything packed!!! It's really unbelievable. Each time I move....it's just harder and harder (which is understandable as I am older each time). Each time I move I say it's the last time. Each time I move, it turns out to be NOT the last time! :) I'm predicting anywhere from 5-10 more moves before my story ends.
I have my visa now so it's official. I'm going to China! I have not been kidding when I've said that the 13 hour plane ride from Chicago to Beijing may be the first time this week that I can actually relax and get some good sleep. I wouldn't mind sleeping the entire flight. Oh, if only I had one of those business class seats that reclines almost to a bed!
I'll try to write one more time before getting on the plane but if there's no time then my next entry will be around September 5 or so and will be from Beijing! :) Keep me in your thoughts as I spend all day Sunday and well into the next morning on an airplane. I don't have a huge fear of flying....just a little tiny one! :) Don't forget to email me every now and then in China!!! I promise to respond. If you don't know my personal email address then leave a comment here and I'll get back to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home