Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Muddling along....

So I got a lot done this weekend.....but oh so much more to do!!!! It's so overwhelming that I'm actually looking forward to the 13 hour flight to Beijing from Chicago because then I can SLEEP! :) I did make great headway this weekend and rented my storage space for the year. I just hope it's enough space! I have so much to do while at the same time working all this week. It's far more than I counted on. I thought I'd quit work on the 31st and have at least a week or so to get things situated. But you know what they say. Just when you make plans......
So the rush is on and so far I'm meeting the challenge. Sadly, my son will be leaving this Friday to spend the weekend in Murfreesboro to attend the wedding of a fraternity brother. So this coming Friday morning will be the last time I see my son for a year! Hard to believe and something I'm sure I'm not prepared for (although I think he's quite fine with this fact!). I think my being away (uh, that's FAR away) for a year will be very good for N and it'll be interesting to see how often he emails me in China with monetary needs! Hopefully.....not so often, although I will leave prepared to help him when needed. Keep me in your thoughts as I struggle to pack up and get rid of many, many years of the detritus of my life. All the important stuff (papers and photographs, books, etc.) will be kept but do I really need 12 years of my son's school papers? These are the things I struggle with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home