Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Thursday, August 23, 2007

OH MY GOSH!

So I just got off the phone with my DOS (Director of Studies), who will be my boss in China and who is female and American, and we have ironed out a lot of details. I also was able to talk with the CM (Center Manager) of my school who is Chinese but speaks with excellent English (I'm SO glad). So here's the deal. It's a very real possibility that I am going to be leaving for Beijing in just ONE WEEK! Yep! And there is a trip to Hong Kong in my future to obtain the proper working visa that I will need. The trip will be at the expense of my company so.....can you believe it? I'm going to get to see Hong Kong, even if just for an overnight stay to obtain my working visa! Trust me, I will use those 24 hours to see all that I can in Hong Kong and a friend of mine knows someone who lives there who might be willing to host me!!!!! Oh.....the things I need to do!!!!! I might be up all weekend packing and working out all the details. But I couldn't be more thrilled. I'll have time to sleep later, right? :) This is how China works, folks. I should have expected it. After so long of "I'm not sure, I'm not sure".....all the sudden I AM sure and now I must leave sooner than expected!!!!! Man. Unbelievable. More tomorrow (Friday) when I know more of the details. It's a good thing that I've been preparing. It's nearly midnight on Thursday night and I'm not sure WHEN I'm going to be able to sleep tonight. I very well may be overnighting my passport to Washington DC tomorrow!!!! Oh the EXCITEMENT!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home