Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Countdown to China!

Today (Friday) was my last day at UT. It was a little hectic as I had a lot to do but that is now behind me. We even had red velvet cake in my honor this afternoon! Delish! Now the push is on to finish up the house, get everything in storage, move things to Nick's apartment and....oh, yeah....wash clothes and PACK! All before 4:00 a.m. Sunday morning when I will leave for the airport.
Because blogspot.com is currently blocked in China (I'm going to ask them nicely when I arrive to please unblock blogspot)....I have a new blog hosted by a company that is not blocked. My new blog, exclusive to my time in Beijing is www.tinchina.typepad.com. "T" in China. Get it? Only us older folks know the phrase, "I wouldn't do that for all the tea in China." Oh well. I thought it was a little catchy. I'll try to post a blog in China as soon as possible to let folks know I arrived. I will most likely continuing posting on this blog, just a bit more infrequently as I can post...I just can't SEE it. So tune in to www.tinchina.typepad.com for more complete and interesting blog entries, okay?
Lucy Blue is very excited about her new life adventure. She's just exhausted from the preparation to leave the country for an extended time. There's a LOT to think about and prepare for. I think I must have one of every kind of over-the-counter medicine every made! I bought things for ailments that I've never even had. You never know, right?
Time for bed now. Don't forget to leave comments on the other blog and let me know how you like it. And PLEASE email me when you can. I will LOVE hearing from family and friends in the States. And big, big points to anyone who will send me long emails about Big Brother (Joyce?). I hope to be able to access the NBC site to read about it but I won't know if that's possible until I get there and try it. Yawn! I'm really tired......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home