Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Present and Past




I don't mind posting lots of photos of Amy. Not at all. These are a few I took yesterday when I stopped in to see how things are going. Many of Tracy and Hua's family and friends in China and other countries are now looking at this blog to see pictures of Amy. Tracy is just too busy to send them all photos individually. I am more than happy to post photos, at least for the first month of Amy's life. Once she moves to Boston I'm sure I'll be begging for photos as well.
The last photo is of my great uncle R.D. and his mother (he was born in 1914 and he'll be 93 next December). Do you think folks were told not to look at the camera lens back in those days? I love the detailed wicker work on the chair. The the gown he is wearing is amazing. I wonder what color his mother's dress was. One thing's for sure. Puffy sleeves must have been all the rage.

2 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think back then cameras had terrible flash and maybe it was not easy to stand it and people had closed eyes on their pictures...

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Teresa said...

Yes, you may be right. Even now, no one likes the flash in their eyes. I think old photographs are beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home