Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Monday, May 14, 2007

All about mothers......




Amy still does not appreciate Nana Teresa's camera flash! :)

"Well, hello everyone! Aren't I cute?"

Amy is growing. In just 17 days she and her mother will join her daddy in Medford, near Boston. I’ll miss them but I am very grateful they found a good opportunity which allows them to continue their plans in the U.S. I have a friend in Boston who helped them find a good two-bedroom apartment in a house close enough for Hua to walk to work. The last photo is of MaoMao, Tracy's sister and little Amy's aunt. MaoMao is due in about six weeks. She will give birth in Changchun, China. It may be more than a year before these two sisters reunite with their babies.
Mother’s Day came and went. My son gave me a funny card, which I appreciated. He also cleaned up his room (meaning he finally unloaded his suitcases from his move back to Tennessee 2.5 months ago). After work, Nick bought a pizza for our dinner from a small deli up the street and we enjoyed watching the Sunday night line-up together (well, I enjoyed it....he merely tolerated it). That would be Extreme Home Makeover, Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters (which I really enjoy). If I move to China, I will miss these shows. There’s not much on CCTV in English. Mostly news. But there is satellite TV and during important sports play-offs, ex-pats in Beijing might get up as early as 5:00 a.m. to watch a game in a hotel or restaurant/bar. Interestingly, I would not mind giving up television viewing. I recently quit taping my daytime shows completely. I miss them far less than I thought I would. No more soap operas, no more Oprah, no more Rosie O’Donnell on the View (LOVE her!). I can always catch up on any show via the internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home