Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

HB to my Favorite Son!

Present
Guess who is 22 today! On May 8, 1985, I was living in Atlanta, Georgia. It was a rainy Wednesday at 7:50 in the morning when another voice was added to the world’s cacophony of sounds. He is working today and his co-workers will provide lunch and cake for him. I’m taking him to dinner tonight so he’s got the day covered for free meals.
Past
The day I turned 22 years old I was spending six weeks on a sailboat with my son’s father near Gulf Shores, Alabama. It was a summer free of much worry.
Future
I have always supported my son in his endeavors. He’ll tell you that. I may not have been able to fully fund his recent life tangents but he never lacked support and encouragement. He knows this and appreciates it. Soon, it will be time for my son to support my next life tangent. I cannot be 100% sure of the destination but I know I will be "turning course." A friend of mine is returning to her home country for a visit after a two year absence. Last night I asked her, "You're leaving in 2 days! Are you getting excited?" She said, "No, because I am already there!" I understand what she means.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home