Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Ahhhhhh, the smell.......

I love the smell of cut wood. When I was young, my parents would sometimes drive to new neighborhoods and we would walk through houses under construction. They smelled so good to me, especially the ones that were framed but had no drywall in place; when you could really smell the wood. My brother and I would run through the house and lay claim to "our" bedroom. We would get excited at the possibility of moving to a new house. We never did move to a new house and that was okay with us. It was fun, however, to pretend.
I stopped and breathed in deep when I came upon this pile of lumber on my walk yesterday evening.
The memories that smells evoke for me are sometimes odd. Many people will say they love the smell of cut grass, pine trees, clothesline-dried sheets, and a new car. But I also like the smell of hotel rooms, diesel fuel, burning coal, empty basements. They all trigger good memories.



I few more pics from last night's walk. I found these dead/dried flowers very interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home