Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Being There and Being Square...

I remember the day this portrait was made of my family. It was in Madison near Harvey's, right off Gallatin Road in Nashville, TN. We walked in to whatever portrait studio it was and then downstairs and to the back of the room where everything was set up for picture-taking. I'm estimating that I'm around 6 years old, my brother 9. My mother will probably remember. I distinctly remember having this photo taken. And I remember seeing the final result weeks later and seeing my lips with red color on them. Yes, they "painted" my lips and put color in my cheeks. Most likely they did the same to my mother. Don't we look like the perfect little family? And, come one, you gotta admit it. My late father looks a little like Ben Affleck in this photo, right? Yep. He does. It doesn't take a genetic scientist to see how my brother and I were blessed with such wonderful ears. :) Incidentally, my mother made me wear my hair in this style for many, many years. I always detested it. And my head looks like a square. But I'm not square. I swear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home