Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I Hate Being in Time Out!

Max has been a good and faithful companion to me and my son for almost 13 years. He has hyperthyroidism now so he has to take medication daily. Unlike other cats who can live into their late teens or even early 20's.....sadly, I don't think Max will be one of them. Lately, he's been constantly "in my face" so to speak. For the most part, he's quit sleeping in my bed but sometimes he still hangs out on top of my dresser while I'm sleeping. I think he's just growing tired of climbing the stairs to the second floor. However, when I'm downstairs in the evenings watching television he jumps up on the coffee table and just sits directly in front of me, staring at me. A lot. For long periods of time. I will pet him and scratch him, of course, but he seems to never be satisfied. Eventually, after I remove him from the table several times he'll settle in on the arm of the couch. Sometimes, if I'm laying on the couch, he stands on the floor next to the couch and stretches out one of his front paws to my face. I read somewhere that sometimes animals will keep close tabs on their owners when they are about to experience a health problem; that they have some sort of sixth sense about such things. I hope this isn't the case with me and Max.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home