Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Monday, November 20, 2006

Gettin' Happy Over the Weekend

This weekend was good. A friend and I went to see Happy Feet. We may have been the only folks in the theater without a kid in tow but no matter. We loved the movie. Historically, I’m not a huge fan of cartoons but lately I’m reconsidering. I saw Cars and liked it. Happy Feet was very good and Robin Williams (doing the voices for several penguins) was his usual zany funny self. He delivered lines such as, "What’s the matter with you people? I’m speaking plain Penguin!" and ". . . as much as penguinly possible." It really is a good, funny movie and I can guarantee you that sales of stuffed penguins will skyrocket this holiday season. Heck, I wouldn’t even mind having one myself. So in addition to Cars and Happy Feet I also plan to see Flushed Away on Thanksgiving Day night with some friends in Nashville. Again, no kids. Just adults. Charlotte’s Web will be another must-see for me when it comes out. You know.....they say you’re born a baby, grow into an adult, and then slowly revert backwards to child-like before you die. Hmmm.



Sunday night a friend of mine invited me to enjoy her first baked turkey, along with other friends. When I arrived, recalling my own inept skills at preparing a turkey for the first time, I made sure she had removed the bag of innards stuffed inside the turkey. She had. I looked around wondering, "Where's the dressing, the green beans, the mashed potatoes and gravy?" ha ha They had prepared two tofu dishes (one with pork and one with cabbage; I always opt out of the tofu dishes) and later a dish of combined rice noodles, mushrooms, cabbage and dried shrimp. I whipped up a pan of boxed au gratin cheesy potatoes and we all enjoyed a very fine meal that was partly American, partly Asian, but 100% delicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home