Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Monday, November 27, 2006

Thankful in '06!



We all had a great time in Nashville for Thanksgiving Day dinner! My brother smoked delicious turkeys injected with some kind of chipolte something and there was a spiral-sliced ham (yum) and all the "fixin's." My mother makes a delicious stuffing and my sister-in-law's mother makes a wonderful stuffing as well (the best part is that she also stuffs mushrooms with her stuffing and they are excellent). It was my friend Hua's first traditional American Thanksgiving meal and he acted like a true American. He ate a few plates of food and then stretched out on the couch for a nice little sleep. Actually, we all did. A couple of us went to see Flushed Away (which was pretty good but I liked Happy Feet better, as far as cartoons go) and then we all headed to my mother's house for sleeping (but only after more leftovers, of course). Friday morning brought breakfast at Shoney's, shopping at Opry Mills and a tour of downtown Nashville which included a short jaunt down Second Avenue. It was a short but enjoyable trip to Nashville.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home