Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Monday, December 11, 2006

Sheena E!

My son sent me a text message this past Saturday:

Son: Remember a singer in the 80's named Sheena Easton?
Me: Of course! Just how young do you think I am? :)
Son: I met her this morning when she picked up her cat.
Me: Cool. She had a hit song about a train.
Son: Yeah, apparently she won a grammy for something.
Me: Was she nice?
Son: Yes.

My son’s first brush with fame at the emergency vet hospital where he works in Las Vegas is with Sheena Easton! :) So then I had to google her (she also did "For Your Eyes Only" in the James Bond film of the same name and the famous "We've got tonight" duet with Kenny Rogers) and found her utube performance of "Morning Train."

My baby takes the morning train
He works from 9 to 5 and then
He takes another home again
To find me waiting for him

You can see it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg2IA2UYQCA

Suddenly, a memory of me singing this song in my car, driving down Lebanon Rd. in Nashville, circa 1980, pops into my brain. Geez.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home