Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Friday, December 01, 2006

A Little Lore From 1984


There are lots of "lists" posted on websites and blogs. One is "List 100 Likes." Could you do that? I could, but it would take some time. I came across this one today on another blog and it "got me ta thinkin'." (the pic, btw, is from around 1989)

List Five Events from 1984:
1. Hooked a U-haul to my ‘83 Mercury Lynx, put my sleeper sofa in it along with my clothes and dishes, and drove to Atlanta, Georgia, where I would live for the next four years.
2. Obtained my first "real" job as an admin. assistant with Booz, Allen & Hamilton, working in Peachtree Center in downtown Atlanta.
3. Drove back to Knoxville one life-changing weekend in August to attend the Michael Jackson & Family concert at Neyland Stadium.
4. My dog Angie got loose and ran onto Memorial Drive in Stone Mountain. Though pregnant, I ran out into six lanes of traffic, motioning for cars to stop so she wouldn’t get hit. She didn’t. Neither did I.
5. Spent my first Christmas away from home so my neighbor, Susan, an aspiring chef, prepared lobster for us on Christmas Eve. My first experience eating lobster. I was 23 years old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home