Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Friday, October 13, 2006

Reminiscing.....

When I was 20 I went on a trip with my father and bunch of other sales people to Canada. We spent some days in Montreal, traveled by train to Quebec City, and then back to Montreal. It would be the only time I would ever travel with my father without my mother and brother. When I was younger I wanted to go with him on buying trips (he was in the wholesale florist business at that time) to Taiwan, Singapore, Manila, Tokyo, etc. My mother wouldn’t let me go, fearing that he would not adequately look after me. She was probably right.
My son and I took a trip together when he was nearly 20. We enjoyed a week long cruise to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, Mexico. My son and I have traveled a lot together but this was our first trip in many years and the first trip with my now "adult" son. We had a blast! We get along very well and this vacation couldn’t have been better. My son discovered that he loves to snorkel and I expect one day he will return to Grand Cayman to vacation. We spent a lot of time laughing and talking and discussing the future. We also spent a day in New Orleans prior to the cruise so my son was able to experience New Orleans prior to the hurricane. We even caught a few beads on Bourbon Street (I didn’t even have to raise my shirt)!
It was an IPV (incredibly perfect vacation).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home