Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Friday, September 22, 2006

Last Week's Florida Game, 21-20




The crowd at the UT/Florida game was massive. Tailgating began 10 hours before kick-off. Result? We saw one guy "losing his lunch" as we walked to the game. The crowd afterwards was well behaved but extremely dense. I shuffled along with the crowd as I walked back to my house. I stopped off at the neighborhood store for something cool to drink and stood in a line of about 35, they with their 6 and 12-packs of beer and me with my pint of low-fat chocolate milk. It was worth the wait, let me tell ya. Later, as I woke from a short doze on the couch, I peeked out the living room window and the cars were still at a standstill, barely moving. It was 1:30 a.m. There's a huge parking lot about 3 houses away from mine where major partying takes place every home game Saturday. The trash usually stays until the next day. Last Saturday, however, lot owners picked up the trash, bagged it, and then LEFT IT at the edges of the parking lot. The homeless men came through early, early Sunday morning and ripped open all the bags to pilfer all the aluminum "helps me buy liquor" cans. And then......the trash blew out of the bags and all over the place, including down the street. Nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home