Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Thursday, September 07, 2006

I Do Not Love My Basement....




I live in a house built 107 years ago. That fact makes me happy. I imagine what all went on in this house over it’s many years. However, there’s one thing about this house that is scary! The earth floor, dark, and dank basement. There’s still coal over in one corner. I call it the scawy, scawy basement. I am forced to go down there because that’s where my washer and dryer reside. But I don’t have to like it. And there’s even a cut-out of a UT basketball player from way back when stored in the basement. I know the picture looks "unreal" but it’s real. He’s right there next to my gigantic hot water heater. The basement has a coal shute. From the outside you can still open the little door and see the wood of the shute. Where the shute ends into the basement, it’s securely boarded up. Every now and then, however, you can catch me opening that little coal door at the front of my house. You know, just for security. I opened it yesterday. No dead bodies. Everything’s good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home