Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Homecoming banners at Neyland Stadium. Shouldn't "Home of the Vols" be the biggest letters of all? We played Marshall (West Virginia). In the rain. Won 33-7.
Okay, smart people tell me that yes, they undersatnd what "No Pass Outs" means. Still.....I think it's very funny. :)
My friend Sophie's birthday was Saturday. There was a whole lotta dumplin-makin' going on! :)
Sophie and Liyin.
Hua's birthday was last Thursday. We had an intimate little gathering for him at the local Wendy's on the Strip! :) This is one of his birthday gifts. He told me that the cake we enjoyed in his honor was his first birthday cake. Birthdays, in China, aren't as big of a "to do" as here.
Tonight I will go to the University Center and hear Zana Briski speak about the making of "Born Into Brothels." I'll cut that a little short so I can zip up to the library for the 7:30 viewing of "Drifters," a Xiaoshuai Wang Chinese movie. I'm looking forward to it.
Today, in class, we learned how to tell our ages. The oldest was 28.....that is, until the laoshi (professor) called on me. Now, I can say "45" in Chinese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home