Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Beautiful, Beautiful Zion....


I saw the movie, The Work and the Glory: American Zion, last night with a friend. I saw myself in the horse-drawn buggy and I heard myself singing! Of course, I was punching my friend and pointing to the screen, saying "That’s me in the third wagon," "That’s me!" The movie was very good and I thought it was directed much better than the first in this series. It’s the first time, however, that I’ve watched a movie where there was a super cliffhanger. A cliffhanger on the big screen? Huh? Even sequels, prequels, etc., are designed so that you can enjoy the movie on it’s own, apart from what came before or comes after. Not so for this movie. If you see it, you will definitely go see The Work and the Glory: A House Divided, in 2006. Trust me. I turned down the opportunity to be an extra in the third movie. At the time, I was glad (when I heard how long their day was). Now, I wish I had done it. Then I could punch some poor, unsuspecting soul in the arm next year and shout, "That’s me! That’s me!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home