Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Longevity is Too Long!

I left home at 18 and went to college. I had lived in Nashville 18 years; 4.5 years in Knoxville then 4 years in Atlanta and 11.5 years back in Nashville, before heading once more to K-town, where I’m just beyond 6 years. The most I’ve stayed with one employer? 6.5 years. The longest I’ve lived in one residence (not counting childhood home)? 5.75 years. My best paying job also holds the record for my shortest stay: 6 months. Since birth I've lived in 9 homes and 4 apartments. I owned 2 of those homes. 6 years in the first one, 4 years in the second. Presently 2 years in an incredible rental built in 1899. Number of full-time jobs? 11 Number of part-time employers? 25 Longest stint with part-time employer? 2 years. Present employer? It’ll be 5 years in November. Am I getting the itch to move on? A little. I have, however, been a single mother for 20.5 years. See, Mom? There is something I can "stick with!" :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home