Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Just Hangin' Around.....


Datong, where I will be attending Yeheng's wedding and where Li-yin and I will spend a few days sightseeing, is a big coal-mining town and has the distinction of being the third most polluted city in the world. However, there are some incredible sights in and around Datong. This wooden Hanging Monastery was built about 1,400 years ago on the extremely sheer cliffs of Hengshan Mountain. Bridges and corridors connect the different buildings of the monastery. Numerous bronze, iron, stone and clay statues are enshrined in the monastery. In the Three Religions Hall Buddha, Laotze and Confucius are enshrined together. I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that I will be here....walking on the wooden bridges of this monastery and trying to avoid looking down.

1 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger Le Plume said...

great pic, great place. Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home