Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Thursday, February 01, 2007

First of February, First Knoxville Snow


Snow. Just a little. More snow is expected tonight. I’m not stressed, though. I have an adequate supply of milk and bread.
My temporary housemate is leaving me today and moving into her own apt. It’s been a wonderful experience for me because now I know that I can be perfectly content with someone living in the house other than my son. She’s been a nice addition to the house for the past 2.5 weeks. There are things I"ll miss. I’ll miss her saying, in Georgian, "Tza val, da vi ban" (I will go take a shower now) or "Tza val da vi zee neb" (I’m going to go to sleep now). I’ll miss the times she cooked dinner (which happened more times than I cooked!). I’ll miss her company in the evenings when we sat on the couches and knitted (she, wonderful scarves and hats; me, lopsided little dishrags) and watched American Idol’s wacky auditions. I’ll especially miss the times she took out the trash. :) I’ll miss coming home from work and seeing her hang her head over the upstairs bannister and call out, "Hello!" I'll miss how nice and tidy she kept my son's former bedroom (it'll soon be all male and messy when N moves back in). Sigh. Yeah, it’s only been a couple of weeks and she’s just moving about 20 feet to the left of my house. Still.
When I lived in Georgia in the mid-80's I had a habit of calling my friend, Connie, and asking what she was having for dinner. Then I’d say, "Okay, what time do you want me to be there?" Maybe I should get back in this habit. It worked well for me in the past. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home