Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Changes



Why can’t my downstairs desk look like my upstairs desk?
I began keeping my "books read" list in 2005 by trying to recall all the books I read in 2004. I remembered 16. I recorded all books read in 2005, which numbered 18. However (drum roll, please), I nearly doubled my book digestion in 2006 by reading 33 books, nearly 3 a month. Good for me. My goal for 2007? 40.
A friend of mine (who is moving into an apartment near my house but can’t move in until February 1) is going to live with me for nearly 3 weeks. This is going to be very interesting. I haven’t had a roommate since 1987 when I lived with a co-worker for nearly a year when N was 2 (so I could afford to rent a nice house in Stone Mountain, Georgia). My friend is 37 years old and a very nice, mature Ph.D. student. I suspect I’ll hardly know she’s there as she is quite studious. After living alone for nearly four years (since N went off to college), it may not be easy to transition to living with a "non-relative." On the other hand, my friend (who is from Georgia, the country, not the state) makes wonderful foreign dishes from her native homeland that I really love. She is going to teach me how to make stuffed bread (one with a bean mixture and one with cheeses). Sooooo good! On the downside, I suppose I'll have to curb my tendency to belt out Patsy Cline's "Crazy" at the top of my lungs while walking around the house. Yeah, I'm sure she'll appreciate that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home