Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Friday, June 09, 2006

A True Wonder.....

The one really good thing about driving from Knoxville, Tennessee to Las Vegas, Nevada (okay, maybe the ONLY really good thing) is the ability to hang a right for about an hour and view the Grand Canyon! :) Wow. What a beautiful, beautiful sight. It's far more than just a "big crack in the earth." My son, who has no fondness for heights, didn't like standing at the edge (despite the railings to prevent accidents) like I was doing to click off some shots. They say that due to changing weather conditions and the change in lighting, the views can change from hour to hour. I believe it. I would love to see the sun rise and the sun set at the Canyon. I would love to hike to the bottom and lie down flat, looking up at the sky and the canyon walls. I'd love to raft the Colorado for a solid week, sleeping in tents and cooking by open fire. And when I do these things, I want to get there by flying! :)

3 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never have been to Grand Canyon, Lucy Blue...on my list of things to do. Seems to be a growing list - I guess I'll just have to put down my fist. Or, maybe, wait for a more opportune time but when is that? When I have a spare dime. "Do it now!" I can hear you say...That's why I love you ~
Lucy Blue ~

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Le Plume said...

Yeah, it's on my list as well. Great pic.

While your in Vegas don't miss Red rock canyon. It's just a few miles from the city, and it *is* quite beautiful, if not as grand as the canyon of course. Just a lovely, quiet place with a touch of wilderness.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Teresa said...

MJ, it's true. If you wait for the spare dime, which for me never seems to arrive, you'll be waiting forever. :)
le plume, I keep saying I'm going to visit red rock canyon and Mt. Charleston when I'm in Vegas but never have. I have, however, been to the Valley of Fire State Park, just north of Vegas. Amazing place and great for a day trip/picnic! LB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home