Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My Crooked Path....

I keep thinking of change and how much I'm craving that right now. I'm tired of my brain to mush boring job and I'm tired of the periods of time when I go home from work only to put in 3 more hours of typing at home. I really have no reason to be living in a big, old 4 bedroom house except that it was a dream to do so and I absolutely LOVE living there. I love the old mantles in nearly every room, the way the basement smells (there's still coal from the furnace days on the dirt floor in the corner) when I venture down there to wash clothes and the way the upper floor smells of one hundred year old wood because the air doesn't circulate as much up there. But I don't love the horrendous gas bills in the winter, the way only the first floor stays cool in the summer and the amount of upkeep necessary to keep the dust at bay (though, I must say, the dust doesn't really bother me anymore). I don't just want a change. I need a change. The least complicated right now will be to change households. The most complicated (but also the most exciting and most desired) will be to move to another State (or country). Perhaps I can get by, for now, with just moving across the street or something. I love my old house. I'll miss it. Moving into a smaller place will save money and force me to go through all my "things" and do another big culling. I go through my belongings every time I move (and I've moved a lot). So why do I seem to own the same amount of "stuff"? When to move, when to move...... If I want to take advantage of all the eclectic places in the Fort then it'll have to be by August, before the new and returning students arrive.
Are these thoughts a result of being tired, recovering from a cold, and completely bored at work? Quite possible. A result of turning (shhhhhhh) 45 next Monday? Nah. Age is not such a big deal to me and probably won't be until it starts getting in my way! ha
I'm going to start looking at different places to live. Preferably within walking distance of my present house. Would be much easier to move that way. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home