Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Friday, March 10, 2006

Book Lover!


I recently took a course entitled "The Art of Bookmaking." Loved it! Now I’m swimming through my new addiction! If I still exchanged Christmas presents with folks, they’d all be getting handmade books this year. :) Instead, I’ll give them as birthday/friendship gifts or maybe just to celebrate the sun rising. I wonder how long this addiction will last? My soap-making addiction was extremely short-lived. My quilting projects haven’t been touched in several years (but the desire is still very much alive). My knitting addiction hasn’t begun yet. And my photo journaling is still very much alive even though I’m far, far behind. Books, books, books. My big, expensive craft table (an old door on 2 saw horses) sits in the room with my computer. I type transcripts at home for extra money (which never turns out to be "extra") and sometimes I’ll type for an hour and then jump up and sit at the table with all my bookmaking supplies and papers and trinkets laid out and visualize my next book for the next few minutes. It’s makes the tedious process of typing boring transcripts bearable and keeps a little creativity stirring in my brain. I plan to make a book this weekend centered around death. It’ll be a funny, little book. Just wait and see....

1 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home