Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Friday, February 10, 2006

Reading Hunger While Eating...

This week, I read Hunger every day during lunch. Hunger was written around 1890 by Knut Hamsun, from Norway, and is about a young, starving writer who is constantly dealing with the physical results of not being able to eat. With a stomach full from lunch I read of the mind-altering hunger pains experienced almost daily as the narrator wanders around town, writing when inspiration arrives, giving in to hunger-driven lunatic behavior, and enjoying fantastic moments of clarity when all is right with the world. A quick read by a Nobel-prize winning author. Last week I finished South of the Border, West of the Sun, written by Haruki Murakami. My first Murakami and I must say, I'm eager for more. :)

1 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger Le Plume said...

thanks for the pointer, I might want to read that over lunch, too! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home