Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Slow Fade to Gray.....

It’s starting to spread. More and more are sprouting. It was so easy, when I was in my 20's, to arrogantly proclaim how I would never dye my hair when it started to turn gray. About 6 years ago I stopped dying my hair auburn and let it grow out to its natural brown shade. Now I’m starting to get more gray hairs than I can continue to pluck. I’ve discovered that plucking, although working wonders as a short-term fix, leads to short, curly gray hairs that I’m now forced to leave be like springs busting loose from an old couch. At a glance and from about 4 feet out I can still fake it. But we (my gray hairs and I) know they’re there. What to do, what to do. Dying (because I insist it be done professionally) is somewhat expensive. My hair grows fast and requires touch-ups about every 10 weeks. Do I really want to look like I’m 50 when I’m still in my 40s? Nope. Do I want to look like I’m in my 40s when I’m in my 50s? Yep. Hmmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home