Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

No Longer Forbidden


I have returned! :) Unfortunately, blogspot.com is a "blocked" internet site in China and I couldn't figure out how to access the posting site. Returned to K-town yesterday and back at work today. Sigh....
China is an amazing country inhabited by an amazing spectrum of people. I was able to experience everything from a large city (Beijing) to a fairly small rural town in Shanxi Province where most folks live in traditional Chinese homes and sleep on kangs (brick "beds" warmed by heat from coal from underneath). I enjoyed sitting on the kang and breathing in the culture at my friend's new husband's family home. I feel like I could write a book about my experience, thoughts, observations over the small span of 15 days in China. Right now, however, I am playing "catch up" on work responsibilities and trying to adjust sleep functions, etc. More later folks, LB

1 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger Le Plume said...

this is clearly the best way to get a good feel of a foreign country. Language bareer does get in the way, of course, but between people of good will, there's always a way to comunicate.

good to have you back in any case.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home