Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Eyes Have It.....

Don't tell anyone but........I'M GOING TO CHINA!!!!!
That is, of course, if I don't die from a stress-related heart attack first. Don't laugh. It's a possibility. Liyin and I made our reservations at hotels in Beijing and Datong two days ago. Liyin talked directly with the hotel from her computer. So cool, that feature. Will make it easy for me to call home from China. She negotiated rates of $45 a night in Datong (in a beautiful hotel with an indoor pool) and $54 a night in Beijing (in a hotel on Wangfujing Street, near Beihai Park where I plan to join elderly Chinese one cold morning and try out some tai chi moves...seriously). Our hotel in Datong even includes breakfast. We plan to spend a couple of nights hotel free by utilizing night trains from Datong to Changchun and from Harbin back to Beijing. As you can see, I received a digital camera from a friend for Christmas and I am just learning how to use it. I might become addicted to taking silly pictures of myself! More later, LB

3 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger Le Plume said...

did you go yet? I'm curious to hear about your journey.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Teresa said...

Hey le plume! Tried to email you some add'l pics of China but couldn't find a working email address. I'm back! Look for more in-depth posts soon!

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Le Plume said...

le.plume (at) free.fr should work just fine... Glad to hear that your trip went well, hoping to hear more about it.

BTW, you're very welcome on my French-speaking blog - hope you'll like it, if you can read it, that is. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home