Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Thursday, March 15, 2007

A Small Slice of Life.....

Yesterday I called my son around 4:30 from work and asked him if he wanted to go get cheap Mexican food for dinner. I told him we could split the bill. He said, "Yeah, but I need to take a shower first." I said, "Well, go ahead and get in the shower and you’ll be ready to go when I get home." He said, "Nah, I have something I want to show you first so I’ll wait until you get here." I said, "Does it have anything to do with getting a job?" He laughed and said, "No." I said, "Well, go ahead and take a shower because it must not be that important!" I got home and noticed the bucket on the front porch but didn’t think much about it. But then I noticed that he had swept and cleaned the front porch (a very large front porch). Wow. Good for him. Good for me! I walked in and then it dawned on me (the bucket, that is). I said, "Oh! Did you also mop the kitchen floor?" He said, "Darn. I forgot all about that!" I said, "Oh, well at least you cleaned the front porch!" He grinned. I whooped and headed to the kitchen where the kitchen floor was shiny clean! "Yes!" Now, the kitty litter wasn’t scooped and he hadn’t taken the trash out, but those are things I would gladly take care of to have someone mop my kitchen floor!
Dinner at Cancun’s was good. Feeling generous, I told N that I would pay for the meal if he would pay the tip. Somehow, as is often the case with parent and child, I ended up paying for the meal AND the tip. As we walked towards the car, N said, "Oh, I forgot to leave the tip!" I said, "Yeah. I left it." After all, I have a clean kitchen floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home