Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Pictures and Words


Dark skies above Neyland Stadium but this cleared out 10 minutes after the photo was taken.

The camera doesn't do this red-tinged green leaf justice.

We have beautiful gingko trees planted nearby. Unfortunately, they planted the wrong sex and every year we deal with......
Their smelly offspring!

Being that I’ve embarked on a ambitious little program of health eating and exercise, I took a nice 20 minute walk after lunch (green beans and tuna fish, no bread, unsweet tea). Snapped a few shots along the way. Tonight I will meet with Renato and Mega and we will talk some crazy English at a coffee house. It’s Korean Culture Night at the I-House and you know what that means: delicious Korean food. I believe that all Asian foods are healthy foods.
I looked over a lot of my poetry last night that was haphazardly stacked under the coffee table. I even revised a couple. That’s the funny thing about poems. If you let them sit for a while and revisit them....it seems easier (at least for me) to see the flaws and edit them. I’ve been thinking of making a little chapbook of the poems. I probably have around 70-75 poems, maybe more. Would that be just the most awful gift ever? To give someone a chapbook of your poems? Some things I write are very close to my heart and emotional and actually letting someone read those words would be like disclosing my personal journal entries. I fear what people might think and even as I type these words, I smile. It just sounds ridiculous. Fear of other’s thoughts? Sometimes I write things out of frustration over a little thing. I’ve ranted about cell phones before. Two years ago I apparently wrote a poem regarding this frustration. A silly thing, really.

The Everlasting Mobile Phone

Such a nuisance
Intrusive, obnoxious
Connections
Disruptions
Loud speech
Restaurants, cinemas, my elevator
Ridiculous sounds
Artificial glows
Everywhere
Mounting daily
Tethering humanity
Scarring privacy.

Have I mentioned that I now have a mobile phone? About a month now. Yep. Me. And that, my friends, is a fine example of the irony of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home