Love, Lucy Blue

In A Corner of My Mind.....

Friday, October 20, 2006

Finally....Friday!

View from HSS (building where Chinese class meets) looking towards Art & Architecture Bldg.
Levi, where are you today? You can see my Chinese professor, He Laoshi (Professor He). Yes, He is a she and He is pronounced "huh?" as if you're asking a question.

Tennessee plays Alabama tomorrow afternoon. My "younger" boss told me that if his mother didn't want to go then he promised his extra ticket to me. Promised. Of course, that was before he met the cute blonde and I don't really have to even finish this little story, do I? Promises can't compete with cute blondes. Season tickets to UT games are expensive. Many employees have them but as you have to pay several hundred dollars all at once to get them.....I've never had them. I've been fairly lucky to get tickets given to me many times. It certainly won't kill me not to be at the game. I can hear the announcer and the "TD" fireworks go off from my house.

I've been extremely bored the last 2 days. Extremely. I've been reading Yu Hua's "The Chronicles of a Blood Merchant" and that's probably the most brain-stimulating thing I've done. I'm still involved in going through poetry and other writings and doing some editing. Maybe I'll post a poem called "A Visit to Dachau in 1978." I was 16 years old when I "toured" (that word sounds very awkward when one is speaking of a concentration camp) Dachau. It was the first concentration camp built in Germany and is very close to Munich. I wasn't wise enough to fully appreciate the significance of my presence there but I was old enough to understand what I was seeing and to feel incredible sadness for all the souls lost there. Speaking of the Holocaust, I will be attending a film screening this Sunday at 3:00 at the East TN History Center called "Living On: Tennesseans Remembering the Holocaust." It's part of an ongoing series involving survivors and liberators living in Tennessee.

And if I want to pull a Monthy Python after that ("and now for something completely different") I can always go to the screening of Hitchcock's classic, "Psycho" at the UC later Sunday evening. Okay, maybe I'll skip the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home